Last night "on board" .. but .. ready to go again... anytime !!!


Advertisement
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dolpins along side the shipDolpins along side the shipDolpins along side the ship

A school of 100 or more dolphins playing along side the ship ... unbelieveable sight !!! .
The weather and food were the main topic of conversation the last day at sea ( 8th day) ….. except for those that lost their shirts at the casino or those that bought the famous paintings at the art auctions. Everywhere we went this week, the weather was BEAUTIFUL !!…. And that’s what we were looking for … right ?? Balmy climes !!! The temps ranged from a milder 60 in the early mornings to a high of 90 by some of the afternoons. Perfect for cruising and lounging about the deck and watching the whales. When we were not that far from the California shore we traveled along side a school of 100 or so dolpins, leaping and playing in the water. Never in my life have I seen such a sight. By the time I got my camera set I could just catch the last four or five of them but it’s almost too unreal to believe without the pictures.

The evening before “D” day (disembarkation ) , the ship's cooks did a spectacular Chocoholic Buffet !!! EVERYTHING CHOCOLATE !!! I think I gained 10 pounds in the one evening …… as you can see by the picture
Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize !!!!Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize !!!!Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize !!!!

Del getting on one of the elevators ... showing a sanitizing globe. Sanitizing globes all over the ship ... compulsory entering resaurants.
of my plate full of chocolate delicacies. I had hoped maybe it would cure my chocolate crave , but no such luck  !! Pass the brownies !!!

Disembarkation was unbelievably easy. Some people elected to participate in the Direct to Airport program in which their luggage was taken from the ship directly to the airport. The cost was $20 per person and would be well worth it ….. but …. as we had our RV sitting no more than 100 meters from the ship it couldn’t have been more convienient. So, on the 8th day of the cruise , after a leisurely breakfast, we headed down the gangway at about 10 am.

The cruise was absolutely perfect. How could it not be? The weather, the food, the entertainment , the sights and sounds of the ports, and the ship were all absolutely fabulous.

I’m ready to go again ….. anytime !!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The ChocoHolic Buffet ... yummm !!!The ChocoHolic Buffet ... yummm !!!
The ChocoHolic Buffet ... yummm !!!

One small glimpse of the MANY chocolate decorations at the ChocoHolic Buffet.
Eveything Chocolate !!!Eveything Chocolate !!!
Eveything Chocolate !!!

I hate to admit it ... but ....this is my plate at the Chocoholic Buffet ...groan !!!
Last night "on board"  :-(Last night "on board"  :-(
Last night "on board" :-(

Our last night on board.... sigh !!! I'm ready to GO .... again !!!!


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb