No lights


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse
March 30th 2010
Published: March 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We went to Whitehorse in February 2009. We got a great deal on a package from Vancouver, including 2 nights accommodation from Air North. Our visit was primarily to see the Northern Lights, but there happened to be a festival on when we arrived, Rendezvous Festival. Lots of fun and entertainment in the city.

Whitehorse is small, and sadly overrun with Starbucks, Walmart, all the usual chains. We went to see the lights on the first night and it was so snowy that we didnt see a thing. It was a bit of a waste of money, so Id definitely recommend hiring a car instead of going on one of the tours.

The 2nd day we wandered around the town, and went to the hot springs, which were fantastic. The wind was wild and the snow was falling, and we sat in the hot springs with a hot chocolate. The place was practically empty, but again a little difficult to get to, so would recommend a car hire.

On our last morning we spent a half day dog sledging. The dogs were amazing, the experience was so much fun and the scenery was breathtaking.

I would definitely recommend a long weekend up to Whitehorse.

Next for me will be Yellowknife and Alaska 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb