Day 1: Destination Whitehorse.... Success!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse
October 2nd 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 1, Destination: Whitehorse.... Success!!!!



So today is the big day! We wake up at 6:00 and get ready to hit the road. Our goal was to get on the road before 8:00 a.m. It was hectic, but we got the kids up and ready, the dogs went and did their business and we left the hotel just a little after 8:00. We stop at the gas station and fill up the gas cans and head for the weigh station. For those of you who don't know, we have to drug our dog Reggie because when he gets in the car or knows he is going to go bye-bye, he gets really hyper and anxious. The vet gave us some drugs for him, but they really zone him out and we are afraid that he will get dehydrated, so the vet told us we can give him dramamine which is motion sickness medicine. To make a long story short, the dramamine isn't working out too well for us!!! To make it even better, Reggie has a serious gas problem! I have never known a dog who farts as much as he does!!! The kids are packed in the backseat of the truck like sardines!! It's been a great trip so far!!!!!!

We stop for lunch at Fast Eddy's in Tok and make our way for the Canadian border. We successfully make our way into Canada! The customs guy asked a couple of questions and asked to see our Orders. The weather was cooperative with the exception of snow/rain before we hit the border. We got a good amount of snow as we drove into Canada, then it turned into rain. The Alcan Highway is very bumpy too!! The drive today was pretty boring. We saw a lot of nothing! Before we arrived in Whitehorse, we saw some Caribou but that's about it. We have listened to a lot of music and have played a few games of "I spy my little eye" with the kids. The good news is we still have all of the kids and both dogs! Katlyn was put on a gag order the last 100 miles, because she was running her mouth and getting in trouble. She was only allowed to speak when Jamie or I spoke to her. I hope we have a better day tomorrow!!!

We are in Whitehorse staying at the Yukon Inn. This hotel smells like a dog pound!! I guess that's what you get for getting a room with pet accomodations though. Luckily we are only here to get some sleep, then on the road again in the morning! We are stopping in Fort Nelson which is 597 miles. I will write more tomorrow!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb