Day 40 Quebec City


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
August 7th 2017
Published: August 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I am sorry but we are so busy that I do not have time to keep up this blog. We also have such poor internet at the campgrounds, when we have it, that it is an exercise in frustration to try to do anything. This is one of the better campgrounds that we are at, but with 100 of us trying, the wheel just keeps spinning, going no where, so with luck I will publish today. We are having fun and the car is running well with only a couple of minor glitches. There are some blogs that other people, more devoted than me, have published. There is one on facebook - Saskatchewan coasters and some on the canadiancoasters.ca that you may wish to check out.

Today we took a bus tour from our campground into Quebec City - Plains of Abraham, Chateau Frontenac, City Hall, the old town inside the wall and to Ile d'Orleon, the Basilica - Ste Anne de Beaupre,and Montmorency Falls. .

Yesterday, we drove from Hemmingford, near Montreal to Levi on the south side of Quebec City. We started along the Richelieu River and carried on along the St. Lawrence, managing to avoid all but a 5 km section of freeway. It was a beautiful relaxing drive, but it took us all day. In some of the towns many of the homes were sitting so close to the roadway that they could barely step off their front step without being on the road. Many old ones built of stone and many with the typical old Quebec roof lines, sharp slope with a curve at the bottom. All the yard are so tidy, like they were in Ontario. I was quite fascinated by the snowmobile and ATV signs for using the roads or sharing the roads with autos. Bicycle lanes were designated for April to November and then I assume that they were for snowmobiles. In towns the ATV's used the roadways.

Our weather today is a little cooler but nice.

Tomorrow we begin our Acadian Coast adventure of New Brunswick. Our New Brunswick hosts have planned a busy first day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb