Were you ever in Quebec.......


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
August 10th 2011
Published: August 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I'm sat on the train typing this after we have just spent 2 nights in Quebec and we are now on our way to Montreal and it's the Foo Fighters tonight!

We stayed in the HI Hostel which was in a great old building all wood and corridors going off everywhere - it really reminded me of the hostelling days of my youth ha ha. Downside was it was full of kids on organised trips etc all rushing around in the corridors and boys trying to get into the girls rooms and vice versa! We had a room for 2 with bunk beds (again), enough said.

The place is really French, all the signs are in french, everyone talks french, the cafes and restaurants are all french serving french stuff, except for Mc Donalds! It's very pretty but very expensive, luckily we managed to find a supermarket that sold cooked chickens so that was tea with bread and salad.

We walked around the city walls and wandered around the little streets and on every square or corner there was some kind of music or street theatre going on which was great.

Sleeping yet again wasnt so good with people talking really loudly outside the window until god knows when, but last night it rained so it was a bit quieter! I even managed to get some washing done - the hostel had a laundry so feeling quite clean at the moment!!!!

Roll on Montreal......


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.334s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb