Quebec city is beautiful


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
July 30th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Are you ready Mom?Are you ready Mom?Are you ready Mom?

His smile looks sweet but its the look of I am going to kick your butt mom!
From Val-d'Or we continued on to Mont Tremblant where we camped the night. We had a blast the next day up on the mountain on the luge track. The track twists and turns for almost 2kms as it winds it way down the mountain. We did 3 runs and had a blast racing each other all the way avoiding people and obstacles. A must do!

Next we were off to Quebec city arriving late in the evening we stopped at vistitor info and found a hotel and booked a tour for the next day. Our hotel told us where we could find the best breakfast in town "Cosmos"! We got settled in our room changed and headed off on a city bus downtown. We stumbled upon a huge crowd and asked around what was going on. Just our luck there was a light and sound show celebrating the past 400 years of Quebec City. The screen was 300 meters long and quite high and an hour long. It was a very well put together movie that was spectacular! If your around you must check it out, it happens everynight from 10-11pm down by the water on the silos. Next morning we dashed off to the best breakfast in town and we were hooked. YUMMMMMY!!!! No time to linger we had a bus to catch. We caught the bus to the citadel for the changing of the guard follwed by a tour of the city in old quebec city. Quebec city is so beautiful with little shops and and cafes and outdoor terraces. THis is the perfect romantic getaway hoilday spot. I could easily fall in love with this city and stay once I learned french. At this point we headed back to the car in late afternoon after a full day of sightseeing to drive on.

We travelled as far Edmundston, NB just a few hours away and stayed the night and woke up to more rain. We decided to for go the hike we had planned and hit the road instead since it was so wet. We took a detour at Grand Falls and hiked the waterfalls and the gorge. It is quite a hike down and back up the stairs at the end off the hike before you turn around and head back. We both had a good workout. I teased Alex and said we should do it again and count the number of steps but neither one of us had the energy. Let's just say there was numerous!

We arrived in Moncton by afternoon and found a hotel again. On the way we hit thunderstorm after thunderstorm with torrential downpours it was nuts. Our trip this far has been very rainy and I hope the return is sunny. Anyhow we are in Moncton, NB and are going to hit Magnetic Hill before we leave town. Hope your having a great day lots of love.
Jeannie & Alex


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

A huge puppetA huge puppet
A huge puppet

notice the people next to his leg
Changing of the guardChanging of the guard
Changing of the guard

The last two were chosen as best prepared for their duties
cheap gascheap gas
cheap gas

Supreme was only 137 and regular was 130 in NB
Here comes the rainHere comes the rain
Here comes the rain

Check out how dark those clouds are
Our first covered bridgeOur first covered bridge
Our first covered bridge

Was a vistor info centre


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb