Canada's Social Structures


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montmagny
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Do all people have equality in this country?If yes, what laws promote equality here?If no, what type of discrimination exists?

Canada protects women's rights and equalities.They participated in the Vienna Declaration and programme of action. They have protection over the things they are entitled to do and cannot be taken advantage of otherwise. Canada was one of the first countries to not permit discrimination against women.Canada played a big role when it came to women being allowed more rights. They said it wasn't just their rights as women but as humans as well.(http://www.international.gc.ca/rights-droits/women-femmes/equality-egalite.aspx)

This means Canada was towards equal rights before most countries were. This shows they do have equality in their country. Not only did they want equality but they felt that it was unfair that women were not being treated as humans. Rather than following the crowd Canada decided to stand up for women and help them get the rights they should have. This shows Canada is a optimistic country when it comes to rights of women.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb