Day 8 - Traveling Man (Family)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Wawa
July 31st 2011
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

After our few days in Thunder Bay we woke up to leave Happy Land. We got the trailer all ready to go, Mom made breakfast and Penny stopped over to say goodbye to us all. After a short visit we took off to Superstore for a quick reload of food and took off to the Terry Fox lookout. When we got there we were stunned by how beautiful it was. A huge 9 foot tall bronze statue of Terry Fox was mounted on a marble base with 3 paragraphs on this amazing person on every side. A map of Canada was drawn underneath and right behind the shrine was an amazing view of Lake Superior. We stayed for about half an hour then took off on the road again. Our next stop was at a small amithyst mine where we stopped for a while for Mom to look at the stones and jewelery. We mostly just got the free stuff 😉 and took off again. We drove into a small town where we stopped and got some Timmies for the first time in 5 days! While we were there a lady got in an argument so I ended up getting 2 medium ice caps instead of one !! BONUS ! We hit the road again and drove until Wawa, where we stopped for Shae and I to climb a 10 foot stone box to sit under a giant Canada Goose. We stopped at Timmies again (!) then we took a back road to the Shoals where we ended up staying for the night.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb