We are getting ready!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Sault Ste Marie
May 1st 2009
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, we are getting ready for the Blazing BLister's Vacation of 2009. Mary Gail and Sue are friends by chance and decided that we could be sisters by choice. And after one particularly funny trip, when we laughed and laughed, we decided that we could be the Belly Laughing Sisters...or BListers. Last year we had a wonderful trip to Mexico but no one is going to Mexico now with the H1N1 aka Swine Influenza. Even with heading to Arizona, both of us have sons named Chris and both of these guys, independently, wanted to make sure we knew there was flu afoot and maybe we wanted to rethink our trip?? No way!! Gail and Sue have decided that if either of us gets sick on vacation and dies, the other one will have the dead one cremated and will bring her back on the plane...after finishing the vacation.

So within the past 24-48 hours, Sue has realized that her passport is misplaced...not a good thing going into a country where they have new entry rules effective June 1st. So Sue decided that maybe she could make a quick application but couldn't even find her birth certificate today so applied for a new one so at least we can get across the border into the US. We drive from Sault Ste. Marie ON to Detroit MI on May 17th and fly to Phoenix on May 18th. We will stay overnight in Phoenix and then head to Sedona the next morning. Sedona is a mystical place where they have things called a vortex. We will talk about these more in the upcoming blogs.

We didn't realize that out of all the times we could have chosen, this was high vacation time in Arizona. But maybe H1N1 will keep the numbers lower. And tomorrow I will head to Shoppers Drug Mart to get some of those fancy masks, just in case.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb