Day 1: Toronto to Ottawa – Feeling chilly at the capital and finding waterfalls in the fall!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
October 15th 2016
Published: January 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Watch out for the Spider!Watch out for the Spider!Watch out for the Spider!

At the National Gallery of Canada
Saturday, October 15th, 2016

Day 1: Toronto to Ottawa – Feeling chilly at the capital and finding waterfalls in the fall!

Since my sister had an upcoming work conference in Ottawa, we decided this would be the perfect time to explore our nation’s capital. I’ve only been to Ottawa once for a job interview but did not have much time to look around.

My sister took a direct flight from Toronto to Ottawa courteously paid by her employer. I on the other hand had to pay for transportation; so I took the cheaper train instead.

We both met up in Ottawa for lunch and after settling into our hotel room we went off to explore. I did not realize how cold Ottawa was going to be at this time of the year. In Toronto we were experiencing a heat wave. Since, Ottawa is only about 5 hours away, I foolishly thought a sweater would suffice. I was freezing as we made our way to Rideau Falls, fooling around with a giant spider statue along the way. Although not as spectacular as Niagara Falls, the adventure to Rideau Falls was worth it, nevertheless.

For dinner, we had to stop at the Byward Market. The Byward Market is this cute little area in downtown Ottawa filled with unique shops, boutiques and restaurants. We found a small Thai restaurant and had some delicious Thai food. Green curry chicken! Yum!



Tomorrow, we head to Gatineau Park for Fall Rhapsody. Then hopefully, we will have enough time to explore the Canadian War Museum, one of the many great museums in Ottawa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Green Curry Chicken!Green Curry Chicken!
Green Curry Chicken!

At the Byward Market


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb