outa ottowa


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hi
this is short and to the point - no time, 20 mins left and the net cost lik 6$ for an hour so as you'd imagine I'm not dawdaling with the time.
so since last blog, iv spent lots of money and seen lots and camped like a seasoned camper, with dick francis at one side, paul at the other, mosquitoes outside- a tent has never been so inviting! so we were in Algonquin for 4 days, we hiked - 11km if you dont mind!were privilaged to come across moose - no less than 3 sightings and as many birds of different colours with so many differnet calls as e could hear or see at any one time, it was like a bird convention. the moose were fab, long snouts, pointy ears, strong shoulders, patchy hair and quiet, there nose's makes then look terrible distinguished, like a sophisticated horse with an inherant wiseness. so lots more tenting - we cooked over the fire - well heated things, but we own a pot now and maxwells pub matches have never been so useful so there is no end to the camp fire fun. of course the beer by the fire is the best! the mossies are absolutly awful, much worse and like super sized like everything else in the USA. so now both of us look rather patchy and are fierce itchy. we go mentall every night in the tent trying to reduce the mosy population. the folks on teh outside may think were having a relay race in the tent, but nothing survives that can crawl into my ear! thats my motto. so from nature and scenery like no other, whwere th trees are multicoloured and stretch as far as the eye can see. the sky and earth contranst like a picture done by a child iwth poster paints. a blue blue sky versus a strikingly green grass, and trees,so bright, they should do an advert for 10 10 20 fertiliser here. it fab, perfectly white streaks of clouds stretching across the perfectly blue sky.
so we trued a boat, midde of a black , icy black lake, and managed not to turn over -twas tough, we were almost breathing in a syncronised fashion just incase we up turned the peice of plastic almost as light as my hat over.
so on to white water rafting in ottowa. what a blast. bloody scary in pathces. we fell in plenty got shoved this way and that by the current and generally swallowed more than the required 2 liter amount one is suppose to consume. it was tough work to, tyring to surf etc, fierce paddling required. were still muscle sore. i must not go without complementing the canadians. they are especially nice when the realise we're from IRE, not sure why. anyway were eating in all the common places and doing the religious coffe thing every morning - i think even more thatn in the US, and i cant help tipping like a millionaire just cos you get to hear that genuine "have a nice day" and how are you doing, really - even the old man opening the door in walmart wants me to take care, ahhhh, those cheesy lines are worth every sent.
so hope all are well, garvey thanks a mil for the comment, il text. hi to all there
at home , hop ye are wel. mind yourselves
gracie.xxx

Advertisement



11th June 2007

well grace...and paul! very very quick one......just headin home soon!god sounds like ye are havin some trip! all well here...sent hannah of last week for her wedding on this thurs! sarah will see ye at the weekend i guess! will mail ya with all the goss soon so check your email! it wil be rivetting.....not!!! anyway....have a nice day! hello to paul..... be in touch soon x

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb