A nice walk around the neighborhood


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » North York
April 26th 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Spring is finally here! It has been snowing like crazy for almost 4 months into the new year now and I was even beginning to think if its ever going to stop. Well, seems like mother nature has finally put on her green coat and turned the icy cold winter snow into the freshly cool spring breeze.
It's a Saturday and my mom decided to take me and the bookworm (a.k.a my dad) for a walk around the neighborhood, and to feel the "new vibes" of spring.

I never realized the difference until today when I really started paying attention to them. Everywhere, sprouting all around us, are the new and freshness of spring. Small details here and there made us stop, observe, and wonder about the nature. Birds chirping, flowers blossoming, life has taken on every single form it can, seeping upwards from the earth and radiating in every direction.

We started our walk from the bottom of our building and had a little tour of the many different plants and flowers that just began to blossom in the fresh soils.


It feels as if everything is just beginning to wake up. little trinkets of grass are sprouting out here and there out of the out of the soil and the snow stricken branches. Squirrels can be seen almost ever step of the way, coming out of their winter hibernation and running around witnessing the first signs of spring. Ants and insects are just as lively, crawling up and down the tree trunks, excited to explore the new world of wonders.

We walked and watched our surroundings meaningfully, capturing every little intriguing detail. Mom and dad walked and joked around playfully, everybody seemed to have lightened up because of all the energy that filled the atmosphere.












Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.4kb