Penny Dreadful...a nightmare in Niagara pt 4


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
November 1st 2014
Published: November 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Chico SuaveChico SuaveChico Suave

Stiff as a board, Nicole thought this little guy was a child's toy until he got up on the couch and curled up beside her.
Nicole was the first person up on Saturday morning or at least that's what she thought. Crystal was still in bed sleeping but upon closer inspection, Nicole could tell that she had been up at some point through the night. Her pyjama pants were wet and dirty up to about 3 inches above her ankles, her feet were muddy and there were little bits of leaves stuck to her hands and chin. Crystal had obviously been sick in the night and unable to access the locked bathrooms in the house, was forced to make a run for the Newfoundland Outhouse once more. Poor thing, there wasn't even anyone there to hold her hair!

Free to roam about the house, Nicole decided that she would sit out on the couch with her ipad and read while she was waiting for the others to wake up. As she approached the living room she noticed what appeared to be a stuffed dog lying on it's side on the floor. Drawing closer she was surprised to find the eyes were following her every step of the way. She couldn't remember having seen the dog the previous evening but yet here it was. When she
Egglicious!Egglicious!Egglicious!

A picture doesn't quite capture it! To finally be in a safe place with a hot meal...thank you egglicious!
sat on the couch the little fella stood up, checked over it's shoulder to see if anyone else was around and then jumped up and curled in beside Nicole. Thankful for the quiet companion, Nicole hoped this would be start of a great day! Before too long, there was movement in rest of the house and the little dog quickly jumped down and collapsed back into it's toy like pose. Moments later Penny appeared, Nicole couldn't help but notice that the dog seemed to stiffen up and she could have sworn it was holding it's breath.

For the next couple of hours, Penny painfully engaged Nicole in idle chit chat and it was obvious that they both dying for Crystal to wake up to save them. At no point was food made available for breakfast so Nicole chewed gum to stave off the hunger and keep her hydrated until they were finally about to drag Crystal out of bed at 11:30. When Penny headed off to get ready for the day a curious thing happened...the dog began to move about again? Once showered and ready, they all headed off to Egglicious for breakfast...even William, Caleb and Kristina were invited and Mama B was there to keep an eye on Crystal and Nicole no doubt.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb