Again Niagara..


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
May 23rd 2006
Published: August 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Since Mat of course also wanted to see the most famous falls on earth, I visited the Niagara again a week after the first visit. However, we decided to also spend two nights here, so we would have time to see a bit more than only the falls. Mat's hours and hours of search online paid off by the way, we had a really nice room for the money we paid for it, so much better than the hostel in Toronto.

This time we were a lot luckier with the weather, no rain at all, only sunshine! Amazing how much nicer things look with some sun... The pictures of the 2nd time Niagara turned out to be a lot nicer too..

What was really cool is that we got to see the city Niagara at the Falls too.This city is amazing, soooo touristic.. Many casino's, cheap-looking wax works museums and game halls.. Just like a cheap-ass imitation of Las Vegas, haha. What is nicer and a lot more genuine is Niagara at the Lake, a half hour drive away from the Falls. Our 2nd evening we had dinner in this cute city. The drive to Niagara (it's really a lot better to have a car, the firdt time we had to walk everything and thus would have never reached this point..) was very nice to, you see a bit more from the river and eventually the lovely lake.. (especially by night it's very pretty..).

What I didn't know, but moght be interesting to mention, is that the Niagara river is one of the most poluted rivers in Canada, because of all the industry around it. I know industry is important too, but it sounds like such a waste...

After a good night of sleep it was time for our longest drive of all, directly to Washington...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb