My Trip to the Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
May 24th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

With my grade 11 Natural Disasters class, we went on a day trip to Niagra Falls on Tuesday May 11th. My day stated off in a rush, when I was late getting to school and had to run to catch the bus. The ride there took forever because of rush hour traffic, but we entertainted our selves playing silly games like "I'm going on a picnick."
As soon as we got there we haded to the Maid of the Mist. We were given huge blue ponchos to help keep us dry, from the rain and substantial amounts of mist. The boat took us right up to both the American and Canadian sides of the falls, and I was amazed at how big they were, and how much water falls off the edge every minute. After about 15 minutes on the river, we headed back up to street level to meet the bus. We were suposed to go on a Nature Hike, but due to the wet weather, our teacher dicided that it would be too dangerous, so we headed in to the tourst part of Niagra Falls.
Everyone was cold and wet after our ride on the Maid of the Mist so we stopped and warmed up in Tim Hortons before exploring. We had all heard about a haunted house there called Nightmares and we wanted to try it. It was a very scary experience for all of us, the entire time we were inside we were screaming and clinging to each other. By the time we got out, I had a huge headache and my hands were shaking. This was one of the higlights of the trip even though it was so scary.
All of us wanted to find some a McDonalds for luch, so we walked aroud for about 20 minutes before we stoped and asked someone where one was. We were told that it was on the other side of the city, and that it was too far to walk. Dissappointed we settled for Wendys. But just as we were about to go eat, we stoped and played in an arcade for a while. We won silly little prizes, but has alot of fun doing so.
We realized that we still had tones of time untill we had to go back to the bus, so we tried to look for another arcade. But on the way we noticed Sugar Mountain and we all turned into little kids again. We spent a long there because no one could make up their minds about what to get.
Then we went into The Rainforest Cafe, and spent the rest of the afternoon on the bumper cars in there. We had so much fun running into each other. After playing twice we headed back to the bus to meet up with the rest of our class and our teachers.
The bus back home was long, and borring, but the day was a great experience!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb