My Trip to Niagara Falls.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
October 15th 2009
Published: October 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On October 7th 2009, Birchmount's Travel&tourism and Natural Disasters class decided to go to the beautiful Niagara Falls for a class trip.
We all loaded the bus at 8am sharp, and got on the road. It was a long 2 hour drive, but most of us got some sleep. As we arrived, the weather was horrible. It was cold and very rainy, so we couldn't go on the maid of the mist as planned. We all went into a building with gift shops and decided to go see a movie. Niagara's Fury was a 4D movie that brought you inside the falls and taught you about it. The movie was pretty cool because the stand moved and it got you wet, but i wouldn't recommend it to an older audience. I think it was more based towards kids.

By the time the movie was over, it was to late to go for our hike down the Niagara gorge and it was muddy, so we all got sent to Cliffton Hill for 3 hours to explore and look at all the attractions. Clifton Hill has everything you could ever want. From the Midway to a Skywheel. The street is full of wonders and tones of things to look at and do.

The first thing I went on was the SkyWheel. The wheel stands 53 meters tall and the ride is about 10 minutes long. You had a great view of the horse shoe falls and the American falls, along with parks and the Niagara skyline. The seats on the skywheel fit up to six and have heating and air conditioning for year round enjoyment. After the ride, we went to the burger king and had some lunch, which was right across the street.

After lunch, we went to the Great Canadian Midway, which was a huge arcade! My friends and i bought tokens and had a great time. We got so many tickets. While we were at the Midway, we went into its main attraction Ghost Blasters. 3D Ghost blasters is a ride with little cars through a haunted house. Its approximitly 5 minutes, and the point of the game is to shoot as many ghosts with your lazer as you can. It's really fun, and I definetly recommend it.

Movieland, the wax museum was our next stop. It was the neatest thing i've ever seen. The wax creations were done really well, and it went far back in Television history. As you exit, you went through a neat gift shop where you can make your own wax hands in colourful wax, then decorate them.

At this time, it was about time to head back to the bus. Our classes rounded up, and we had a long 2 hour drive back to Scarborough.
Everyone was happy to be back home, and were all tired from the big trip today.
We definietly all had fun, and it is definetly a good trip for the geography classes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.2526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb