Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
October 16th 2005
Published: October 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

The first morning that we woke up in Niagara we discovered that our hostel was only five minutes walk from the falls, we had to walk through the (tacky) town to get there, but we were there quickly . The town (at least on the Canadian side) is very Blackpool-like, with some really silly attractions that re just there to make money.

However the falls are great and on the first day we went on the Maid of the Mist boat ride. We both really enjoyed this. Afterward we went for a drink and Elaine got really upset, she said she did not know why she was upset but said that she could not eat and she cried quite a bit. I tried to make her feel better, but i guess i didn't manage it too well.

The rest of that day passed uneventfully, and she later seemed to feel better, that evening we went out for some food and i ended up buring my hand on a hot plate (my own stupid fault) and i ended up having my hand in ice water for hours until it calmed. This was not a good time for me.

Next morning i was better but Elaine really wasn't , she said she was depressed could not eat and did not know why. She cried quite a bit and said that she would see how things went in Toronto (our next destination) and if she did not like it she would fly home. I told her i hoped that she would stay but that i understood if she did go home.

Later that morning we experienced what would prove to be the highlight of our time in Niagara. This was the "Cave of the Winds" which is actually a series of wooden decks that run along the mountainside into the falls. At its closest point ("Hurricane Deck") you are pretty much under the falls and can feeling the water coming down on you, the real challenge is to try to look up into the falls at this point.

This was awesome and far more thrilling than the more famous Maid of the Mist boats, which don't get me wrong are really good as well.

Elaine seemed to love this as well and she seemed to be feeling better from this point on. We spent most of the rest of the day in a bar where we had drinks, shared a pizza (great pizza) and played some pool.

This was our last full day in Niagara and i think it was the best day of the trip so far .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb