Down Niagara Falls without the barrell, well nearly!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
September 7th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

You cant be in Toronto without making a trip to Niagara Falls so off i went, I decided to do the tour the hostel offered as it was easy and a good deal. The night before was as usual a me tatic where i spent way too long in the hostel bar and didnt leave till 7 in the morning, i was not feeling great when i dragged my arse to the bus but i soon got over it when we arrived at the falls. While they were beautiful, i was a bit dissapointed when i fiorst saw it as i was expecting them to be bigger but it turns out that i was looking at the wrong one, the american falls rather than the Canadian ones, those were much more up to my high expectations

First off we did the famous Maid Of the Mist boat trip, we were handed our sexy blue ponchos and set off, to be honest i didnt think we would get that wet as the boat didnt seem to go that near but i was wrong- i was soaked everywhere that my poncho didnt cover but was a great trip and I can see why its a major attraction, After i did the journey behind the falls which are caves behind the falls funnily enough, it was hear that i could really feel the power of the falls as the sound was unbelievable, im glad i did it as none of the others did but it was def worth the extra couple of dollars.

As i had lost my tour group at this point i decided to just walk around the falls as the town beside it was so tacky, i have never understood the need for people to put stupid souvenir shops and tacky restaurants beside outsounding beauty but hey that is how this world works im told. But this is when it Happened, I nearly died, and im not exaggarating, so im looking over the view point checking out the map to see where to go along with hundreds of other tourists when this woman rugby tackles me from behind with such force that my pen and map lost their lives to the falls, so i look round and i have this tiny female police officer attached to me - so i look at her witha sense of shock and my face clearly sends the signal that i want to know what the fuck she was doing as without speaking she goes into her little speech-" sorry baby but you were really close to the falls their and if you fall in then i have a big problem!" She would have a problem, i think if i fell in , then i would have a bigger problem then hers, but hey maybe im just being selfish. Stupid woman scared the life out of me.

so after that i watched as darkness falled (of course with a reasonable distance, i learnt from my past mistake) and looked while they lit up the falls with different colours, it was pretty but as they are so amazing on their own i feel maybe they should just leave them be, but once again apparently natural beauty is not enough.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb