Shake down cruise


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Napanee
June 3rd 2013
Published: June 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Napanee River Town DockNapanee River Town DockNapanee River Town Dock

It can accommodate many boats
We are at the town dock in Napanee on this cool, windy yet sunny afternoon. We launched the boat this morning and steamed for two hours on Big Bay, Telegraph Narrows and meandered on the Napanee River.

We are never sure if the water will be deep enough for the boat on this body of water but as usual in the spring we were able to get to the town dock. We did bump as we made our approach but the lowest depth we encountered otherwise was 6 and a half feet. We need three and a half when fully loaded.

This is a really nice place to visit with a park and picnic tables and shore power. There is no water, showers and the public washrooms are not the cleanest. There is often entertainment in the park on week ends. It is close to a convenience store, restaurants and fuel but the liquor, beer and grocery store is too far for walking boaters.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Napanee River WaterfallNapanee River Waterfall
Napanee River Waterfall

The river flows through town and spills out in the Bay of Quinte. It appears to have a tide as the wind pushes the water in and out of the river.


4th June 2013

good luck
Sounds like a wonderful trip, also sounds like a long trip. Hope you don't run into too many icebergs. We will keep an eye out for all your blogs. Stay safe. Have you been reading the kids blogs? Sounds as though they are having a wonderful time, except for the lightening storm they had. What an adventure you all are having. Here I am home, doing all the mundane, everyday things and wishing we were with all of you. Still missing you all and feeling homesick for you when I read all of your blogs....oh well, we will soon be splashing Martini on the 25th and then perhaps we will have a few blogs of our own. Probably won't be too interesting since we only go out for the weekend...lol...but we are looking forward to getting her on the water. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Sending lots of hugs, kisses and love.
9th June 2013

fairweather friends didn't make it
The rainy dreary weather kept us from coming up to see you maybe next weekend if you are still there we will get up
10th June 2013

Before the trip begins.....
Hi, just checking in to see where you guys are now. Got the satellite locator....great tool. Have a nice few days with your friends and look forward to more blogging as the trip progresses. Ta!
17th June 2013

Before the trip begins
Thanks Ruth...see you soon.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb