Kincardine


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Kincardine
July 19th 2011
Published: July 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Serious cyclersSerious cyclersSerious cyclers

9 miles into the bike ride
We arrived in Kincardine on Saturday evening just in time to watch an amazing firework display from the beach. Chris introduced us to Kettlecorn which is very delicious! Kincardine is very beautiful and pictureque. A lovely quaint town.

On Sunday morning we had breakfast out on the newly built deck then Chris and Dave drove us around Kincardine to see all the sights and visited a few hidden beaches and then went for coffee in the town. That afternoon we swam in the pool (a neighbour's big outdoor pool - they had gone on holiday and Chris and Dave were looking after it!) and then returned to Chris and Dave's for a steak supper using vegetables all handpicked from their garden. Sunday night there was a massive thunderstorm but sadly it didn't break the muggy weather!

On Monday morning Chris, Aled & I went on one of their favourite bike rides - through the town, along the beach and lake edge, a coastal road and then through a lot of forest and back - 18 miles in total! We really enjoyed it although I may now have badly sunburnt arms. In the afternoon we went down to Kincardine beach
Aled, Chris & IAled, Chris & IAled, Chris & I

Chippewa Indian Reserve
for a few hours and swam in Lake Huron. Much to my delight, on Monday evening we went to see Harry Potter at the small cinema in Kincardine (only 1 screen!).

Today we visited the nuclear power plant visitor centre (where Dave used to work) which was actually very interesting and informative, but I still don't think I understand any more about nuclear power and how it is made! (Well....maybe a little.) We then visited an Indian reserve, had lunch at a place called Southampton (!) and then visited a place just up the coast from Kincardine called Port Elgin to go to the beach and swim.

Aled has decided to write down every different beer he drinks - Stephan will be very proud. He is already on number 8!

Tomorrow we plan to go to a phone shop and successfully get a phone - we have tried many times at various different shops in the last week but sadly it is very confusing and their pay as you go is not as simple as it is back home!

Hopefully my writing isn't too bad! Off now to go in the hot tub and try and
River SangeenRiver SangeenRiver Sangeen

Aled in the river
soothe some aches from yesterday's bike ride!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb