And Off We Go!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Kenora
July 19th 2012
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

From wine-initiated February discussions to the reality of planning and packing...it's really happening! Italy 2012 encompasses two weeks of girlfriend time, touring, and travel activities planned by Sherry (physician by day, travel agent by night)! We begin our adventure in Winnipeg with flights into Rome. You'll find us in the Piazza Barberini. We have walking tours and a private driver booked for our "Roma Tour". Next stop on the itinerary is Florence, via train, where we begin our tour of Tuscany - San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Italy...the name itself sounds so beautiful. It's here that we have our Italian cooking class and wine tasting! Perhaps we'll have a new recipe to share with family and friends on our return! Next we visit Villa Mangicone, where we relax and tour Tuscany on Vespas! No worries - travel insurance is covered! 😊 Watch for photos of Venice, our next destination point, with walking tours of the city and guided boat tours of the canals. We leave Venice and plan to visit Verona and then on to Milan. We're excited about viewing the Last Supper and I hope to entice Sherry into the fashion districts of Milan! Our final European destination is Zurich - for our stop-over and flights returning home. Thanks to Sherry for turning a "girls-night-out" during the doldrom winter months of NWOntario into a once-in-a-lifetime vacation with a dear friend! Stay tuned for updates and anecdotes - there's bound to be much laughter, wonderful experiences and the antics of two friends on an adventure!
<hr class="blog_hr" />

Advertisement



20th July 2012

Enjoy the time away. When I was in Italy, even the bums dressed nice..and the food...........well enough.
20th July 2012

La vita รจ bella
Enjoy the journey and share the lessons. I eagerly look forward to hearing the stories.
21st July 2012

Fly safe!
Have a blast!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb