When it rains, it pours


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Kapuskasing
June 19th 2007
Published: June 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Short entries for the next few days as we're getting booted from the hotel soon.

Day 2!

When we went to bed at Kettle Lakes the sky was clear and the bugs were innumerable. Considered taking the heavy rain tarp off the tent. Good thing we didn't, because I woke up at 4:30 to the sound of heavy heavy rain. Went back to sleep in hopes it would go away. Woke up 2 hours later and it was about as heavy as rain gets. Huge puddles were forming around the sides of the tent and as soon as the rain let up a bit we scrambled out, jammed our stuff in the car, and headed to Kap.

(I don't think Chris mentioned it buton the way to Kettle Lakes there were huge swaths of uprooted trees on the side of the highway. We're thinking a tornado came through. I tried to get some photos but they were mostly blurry)

We got to Memere's house about 9:30 and set our tent up on the lawn to dry. We realized the cooler we had was leaking so left it behind and got a new one. So long fun retro yellow cooler. Steak sandwiches for lunch! Afterwards, we had a little drive around town to show Chris the sights and hung out at Paul and Peggy's for a bit in the evening before going to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb