Lots o' Lakes


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Bracebridge
April 14th 2010
Published: April 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast in OrilliaBreakfast in OrilliaBreakfast in Orillia

Near where we sat and had our breakfast picnic, so quiet and peaceful
STARTING LINE-UP: Ted, Davis, Lennon the car, an abundance of lakes

PITCH CONDITION: Sunny again! Can't complain!

MATCH OVERVIEW: An all-action performance led to a pleasing result.

PLAYER INFO: A lethargic Davis threatened to slow down play early in the match, but a half-time cup of tea provided the much-needed spark for an improved second half performance.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Spent the morning exploring tiny O-Rhyllie-A and had a breakfast picnic on the jetty at the lake. Bliss.

- We are totally taken with the awesome yellow school buses - "proper" school buses like in all the movies! We have named them "Otto buses" after The Simpsons school bus driver. Yes, we are apparently both nine years old.

- Headed north to Gravenhurst and chilled at another lovely lake. Davis had her much longed for tea at a gorgeous wee tea shop right on the lake - non-tea drinker Ted was decidedly uncomfortable drinking his iced coffee amongst the rest of the clientele, the youngest of which would still have been old enough to be his grandparents.

- Lots of roads were blocked off by police etc in Gravenhurst, which we found out later
Otto Buses!!Otto Buses!!Otto Buses!!

A whole family of Otto buses!
(on the radio) was owing to a major gas leak that evacuated part of the town. We claim no connection between the gas leak and our presence in the town, even taking into consideration the kebabs we had for lunch yesterday...

- Kept heading north to Huntsville (after a quick stop-off in Bracebridge on the way to check into our accommodation) where we had lunch by yet another delightful lake. We could really get used to this.

- Back-tracked to Bracebridge and wandered down to one of the many sets of waterfalls (some natural, some dammed) in and around the town. Lovely way to finish off the day.


SUMMARY: What a way to spend a day - driving around stopping at beautiful towns to look at lakes. We feel very fortunate! And we are enjoying every second. Loving the driving, the open space (yes we've mentioned it before but there is just SO. MUCH. SPACE. Seriously), the scenery and of course the lakes, of which we have taken an alarming number of photos to bore you all with one day. Looking forward to tomorrow - more driving and more lakes.


Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Loving the Lake - GravenhurstLoving the Lake - Gravenhurst
Loving the Lake - Gravenhurst

ST almost chokes on all the clean, fresh air but loves being on the waterfront
Lunch in HuntsvilleLunch in Huntsville
Lunch in Huntsville

RD in her element - sunshine, water and FOOD (not in shot - probably already eaten). We had yummy lunch here and enjoyed the views.
Teddy the TrainspotterTeddy the Trainspotter
Teddy the Trainspotter

Five years at DfT has left its mark - Ted can't escape the trains. Here he is admiring Huntsville train station.
Falls in BracebridgeFalls in Bracebridge
Falls in Bracebridge

Loud! But a cool way to finish off the day. This was at about 7pm but our friendly sun is still shining.


15th April 2010

Love the Otto buses!
16th April 2010

Was Bart on the bus....
16th April 2010

We miss you too!!!!

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb