28th June 2008


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Bracebridge
July 1st 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

28th June 2008
When we woke up it was very wet outside and looked as if the rain was set in for the day. After a leisurely start we helped Bill and Susie get ready for the arrival of their new furniture. This involved debates over where everything would look best and of course everyone had different ideas. The furniture arrived and was installed to Susie's satisfaction and Bob and Bill went off to assemble the new barbecue.
Brent and Jacqueline and the children Cally and Will were due to arrive later that day so as the sun had popped out for the moment we went for a boat ride around Paint Lake. While we were there Bill managed to spot a pair of loons which are large diving ducks and Canada's national bird. They are very handsome birds with black and white feather with white necklaces around their black necks. They mate for life and their chicks are very pale grey and are carried on their mother's backs for the first weeks of life.
When we got back to the cottage Brent and family had arrived and we were introduced to them all and spent a happy hour or two playing with the children before they went for a sleep.
I spent a long time trying to capture the humming birds on the camera but they move so fast and are minute.
The rain had started before we got to supper time and still no sign of Amy who was finishing her packing and driving up from Guelph. As a violent thunderstorm began we hoped she would miss it. She finally arrived at 8.00pm only a little late after programming the Sat Nav to avoid highways by mistake. There are only highways to get north so the route she took was very scenic and a bit long!!
We were suppose to go with some of Bill and Susi's friends to see the canada day fireworks but as the thunder and lightening got worse we decide that the fireworks would not go ahead and headed home again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb