26th June 2008


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Bracebridge
June 30th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

26th June 2008
Had a lie in this morning and did not get up until 7am. It was overcast and there was a few spots of rain, but quite warm at about 23C. Amy was up as usual to go running at 6.00 am and then the usual flap while she got ready for school. She got in at 1.00 am this morning from the graduation which went well.
We went for a walk to the riverside park which we last saw in November. It looked very pretty with all the summer flowers and the trees in full leaf.
Amy dashed home at 12.00 pm and we helped her wrap presents for her class before afternoon school started again.
Bill and Susie picked us up at 1.30 pm ready for our trip north to their cottage.
The traffic was quite slow to begin with and we had a brief stop at Costco (a discount store) for supplies and a coffee from the drive through Tim Horton's.
We continued up the 400 highway until we were north of Barrie when the traffic disappeared and we had the roads to ourselves. The country became more and more forested and uncultivated with small lakes on either side of the road. This is beaver, bear and moose country. We had already seen an osprey's nest with two birds sitting on it. The hydro electricity company makes wooden platforms for them at the top of the electric cable poles, to stop them shorting out the electric cables.
We finally arrived at the cottage which is quite near to the village of Dorset. It is a delightful place on the shore of a small lake called Paint Lake which flows into the Lake of Bays. The mosquitos and black flies are pretty bad however at this time of the year and we certainly needed our repellent on. Bill and Susie have a motor boat as well as kayaks that we can use to explore the lake.
Having briefly looked around the cottage, and Lake shore, we went into Dorset for an evening meal. We dined at the Fiery Grill on the side of the lake in Dorset and enjoyed a good meal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb