Missionary Profile


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Acton
September 9th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Registered Nurse, Bethesda Medical Clinic

Amy Boycott will leave for Haiti in mid-October 2007 to begin an initial one-year commitment, serving as a nurse at the Bethesda Medical Clinic with OMS International.

Since her second year of nursing school, Amy has felt a special call from God―a call to nurse in third world countries. Now, with a degree and some practical nursing behind her, she is being obedient and following God’s call to go.

After her third year of nursing, Amy met a little girl from Haiti who was full of spark and a bundle of energy. This sparked Amy’s interest in Haiti, and she decided to follow God’s call to help the people of this nation. Last year, she had the opportunity to travel to Haiti with a Men for Missions short-term team. It was on this trip that Amy felt God confirm that this is where she should start her missionary career.

Amy grew up in a small town in Canada and is currently nursing in the same community. She works on a medical-surgical floor, and she really enjoys her job. With the support of her family and friends, Amy hopes to leave Canada and return to Haiti in mid-October 2007 to work at the clinic in Cap Haitian. Right now, she has committed to working with OMS for one year, but Amy knows her future is in God’s hands, and she is open to what He’ll do with her life after that.

To make a donation or view other OMS missionaries please visit http://www.omsinternational.org/missionaries

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb