Fort of Frenchies


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Cape Breton » Louisbourg
July 12th 2007
Published: July 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we got up and got breakfast with Daniel and his kids at the Days Gone By Bakery in Guysborough. Then we all drove a few hours to the Fortress of Louisbourg at Cape Breton Island. The Fort really gave me an idea of visualizing the time period of 1700’s Nova Scotia. And it is a French Fort as well, so it’s very much the look our movie will have. It was a foggy and wet day but it really added to the mood of the place and the people that dressed up in costume at the Fort were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I met several soldiers of the Fort, including Soldier Spencer, who has a email address as well! So I guess the French were planning for the future when they installed a T1 fiber connection back in the 1700’s.

On the way back from Cape Breton we stopped at a dandy of a place called Auld’s Cove for lobster. The owner is a real character with a loud voice and an impressionable personality that left you wondering if in-breading is an art form up here in Canada. But with his crazy fireworks and naive-childish boisterousness he won over all of our hearts. I’ll never forget how he said, “You’re just like Robert Frank capturing the spirit of the people,” as I snapped a photo of him and his family that run the place.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb