Day Four


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Left Baie-Comeau early and headed north on highway 389 towards Labrador City. Stopped at the Manic-5 (I believe manic means "dam"). Road was pretty rough to that point, but it then turned to gravel. Lots of semi's that clouded the road with dust. Hard to see until it settled. Stopped for gas about 1/2 way and chatted with a local and we joked about how bad the folks in Quebec drive. Back on gravel road for an hour or so and then low and behold it turned to a paved road for 100 kilometers and that was a nice treat. We were stopped by a train out in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't believe we met there at the same time. Road then turned back to gravel and it was pretty rough until the mines just south of Labrador City. We stopped for the night in Labrador City and it's a very nice place. Met a nice young lad at the gas station and he filled me in on how they catch 6-7 lb. brook trout. So, I am very excited to try that tomorrow. Had dinner at the hotel and got to chatting with a man from Labrador and he was telling usabout all the neat places to go/see on the coast and Newfoundland. We might make some adjustments to our schedule to see some of these places.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



26th July 2011
Photo 6

Somebody needs to work on removing their finger from the pictures!! Ilysm
26th July 2011

Love the blog!
Feels like we are right there with you. Let us know how the fishing goes. P.
28th July 2011

hola!
I like the pics! But somebody has a clumsy thumb that keeps appearing in the photos...
31st July 2011

Hey Patsy!
Well, we'll be on a 6 hou ferry Monday morning so I'm hoping we see some whales! I just now figured out that people were leaving comments. I'll get this blog stuff figured out by the time we get home (I hope). Thanks for the comments!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb