2018 Newfoundland & Labrador


Advertisement
Published: August 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We’re back in Maine. A great trip but 5 weeks was too short. The last few days were over wooded hills with of course a headwind but at least now being off the Trans Can highway there was much less traffic. Our last campsite was on a grassy hill overlooking the ferry terminal in Argentia. The ferry crossing is 16 hours long and leaves at 5 in the evening. I tried to book a cabin but they had all been sold out in the spring and I was too late to get on a wait list. Sooo a long night. After a good dinner we found live entertainment in the lounge, a good mixture of country and Newfoundland songs. Eventually though we had to try to get some sleep. We went to our reclining chairs and tried to sleep. Not easy since there was no way to turn off or dim the lights in the passenger section where we were. And of course as the night rolled on so did the seas. The wind came up, the ship responded accordingly, and Anna got seasick. So much for her good dinner! Anyway dawn finally came and after a nice breakfast, (not for Anna, she declined) the ferry docked and we started the 2 day drive back to Maine.

Trip stats;

6 days in Labrador, 31 days in Newfoundland

1,049 miles

0 flats or mechanical issues


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb