Las day in Vancouver


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sunday July 14



Relax day breakfast at the Wooden Shoe and shopping







We woke up around 11 o clock and got dressed ready for a last day shopping, but first we would eat brunch at Kyle´s favorite spot in Vancouver. A small and cozy family Deutsch restaurant. We drove there because we needed to buy some heavy things and needed a big trunk to put them in. We got to the restaurant and to my surprised it was very small and cozy. It is called The Wooden Shoe and is all decorated with Deutsch pictures, flags, and lots of Deutsch wooden shoes along with photos of happy customers. Kyle told me he has been going to that place since he was a fetus in his mom´s belly and longer than any of the young waitresses and waiters that worked there. It was a tradition in their family and I was happy to now be part of it. J







We order separate dishes because we would share. Kyle got a waffle with cream, berries and bacon and I got a panekkota of cheese, we order a pitcher of fresh orange juice and a giant mokka latte. The whole food was absolutely delicious and we gobbled it up. We then headed to MEC for a last look and shop and then to SUPERSTORE to buy some Indian spices, and other Canadian treat. Around 5 30 we headed back to get ready to walk from Kyle´s mom to the restaurant in Granville Island, downtown Vancouver, for a last dinner. We started to walk around 6 40 PM on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon and arrived at the restaurant around 7 15 . it felt so great to be able to walk everywhere. We ate at another of Kyle´s favorite spots The Keg a steakhouse. Kyle got Caesar salad, steak and Linda, Tom and myself got the sea food platter and it was a mixed of shrimp, lobster, steak with mashed potatoes and veggies. For dessert Kyle and I shared a cake that was so delicious I wanted to eat it all! We walked back to Linda´s house and said our goodbyes for the summer. Linda got me a beautiful set of postcards with different scenes of Vancouver painted on them. It was a thoughtful and beautiful gift.







We drove back and the fun shoveling packing started! We packed three suitcases of Canadian treats that I would take to China and Kyle packed my new backpack that he would take on his 2 week Japan trip. We went to bed late and feeling happy for the last 2 weeks.







July 15th



Going back, leaving Vancouver…







We woke up around 7 and when Kyle was going to close my backpack we realized we could not put a lock, so we hurried to MEC to try and get a new backpack for me. We had to wait until 11 when the store opened, so in the meantime, we finished packing and Kyle called the agent to change his Japan ticket for July 30. Luckily he could change it and we were set up. We got to MEC at 10 50 and hurried in, change the backpack, I ended up getting Kyle´s same backpack but smaller J We went back to the house. Kyle and his dad went to the bank and when they came back we were set up to go to the airport.







We reached the airport, around 12 and got checked in and went to the gates. We ate a quick lunch and Kyle downloaded a LP guide to Japan. We said goodbyes and were off to different flights. Kyle to Japan for 2 weeks and I to China to spend my rest of the summer working.

It was a short summer trip to Vancouver, Canada, but so worthwhile!!! I love it there!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb