What Is a Japadog?


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » False Creek
October 28th 2014
Saved: October 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

What is a JapaDog? And where can I get one? What is so special about it?

JapaDog started in 2005 by a Japanese couple from Japan with limited funds.

In 2007, they started adding employees. Up to then, the couple with their newborn staffed it alone.

In 2008, Japadog was awarded "Best of Vancouver".

In 2009, a second stand was added, and a total of 15 employees added.

With the Olympics, Japadog often had 100 people in line for a dog.

In 2011, the first Japadog trailer style opened. The Japadog empire is now four stands and a store. And a store in NYC!

Here is the menu:

<br id="ecxFontBreak" />
It looks very interesting, as well as creative.



The fusion of Japanese flavors with hot dogs is unique to Japadog. A place in Honolulu, called Puka Dog, is a similar, but less creative hot dog place. Some of the toppings include yakisoba, shaved radish or bonito flakes. Other toppings include: Japanese mayonnaise (obviously with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce), seaweed, and the almost ubiquitous kimchi.







The most popular dog is the Terimayo, an all beef dog, topped with fried onions, teriyaki sauce, Japanese mayo, and seaweed. The Okonomi dog has fried cabbage, bonito flakes, Japanese mayo, and a special soy sauce. The Oroshi dog is made with a pork bratwurst, daikon, green onions, and special sauce. The Love Meat dog with homemade beef and pork meat sauce, and flambéed cheese. The Hot and Spicy dog has jalapeno hot sauce and lettuce. The Yakisoba dog is topped with yakisoba noodles, and slivers of pickled ginger.

The price right now is $5. All of the sausages are made by a local distributor, who Tamura likes to keep secret. Just for variety, he has a veggie dog and a chicken sausage. They plan to add French fries and ice cream. The latest new location is the Santa Monica Pier in Southern California.

This sounds so interesting, I must try it.

Actually, I had to have lobster, so I skipped the dog!

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb