Vancouver Island


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver Island
September 27th 2010
Published: October 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post


VANCOUVER ISLAND

We arrived in Port Hardy on the ferry late at night and just as we got the bikes under cover at the hostel it started to rain and it continued to rain until about 2pm the next afternoon when we eventually left town on 23 Sept. We managed to ride for a few hours in the intermitant rain through countryside that was not dissimilar to England except for the pine clad hills. We stopped for the night at Selway in the rain and it rained and rained. We discovered a few days later that Port Hardy had actually been cut off due to floods not long after we had left so we got out of town just in time.

Our over riding memory of Vancouver Island was rain, rain and a bit more rain and quite a lot of traffic down the one road that travels the length of the Island.

We did discover some forestry roads which we followed having started to miss the off roading part of our journey.

Not sure if it was the weather or the traffic but nothing particularly memorable comes to mind about our four nights in Vancouver Island. Having got a bit jaded, not even the delights of Victoria could make us stay long and we headed off for the ferry back to the mainland.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

trees on Vancouver Islandtrees on Vancouver Island
trees on Vancouver Island

yes - the sun did come out briefly


Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb