Vancouver Island- day 4


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver Island
February 20th 2006
Published: March 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Monday we left early to go to Vancouver Island. I was really glad we rented a car, so we could just throw all stuff immediately in the trunk. After a short drive and a ferry ride we arrived at the largest Island of Canada, or at least the largest one at the West Coast.

First place to visit was Nanaimo, which is supposed to be known best for its harbor. However, this harbor seemed really just a joke to me. The rest of Nanaimo was not that exciting either, although I must admit downtown was not as bad as the harbor.

So after lunch we decided we had seen enough of Nanaimo and we got into the car again. On our wy to Victoria we saw the totems in Duncan, had coffee in a little café in a village of which I’ve forgotten the name and took some ‘touristic road’ through a pretty forest close to Victoria (where we almost got lost by the way 😉). Until then, I didn’t find Vancouver Island that impressive to be quite honest. But Victoria made up for everything! It is really a cute village (or city, sorry), I got in a holiday mood as soon as we arrived there. Our hostel in Victoria was unfortunately not as good as the one in Vancouver, but then again, it was also cheaper, so we should not complain.

After some exploring and a nice dinner most of us were really tired. Mat and I decided to go for a walk in the harbor despite our tiredness, and it was definitely worth it! The harbor by night, the Parliament House lighted, it was very fairy-like, amazing. After that we discovered a place with cheap cocktails not too far away from our hostel, and of course we had to try one to be able to give the others some proper advice the next day 😉. Just for your information, they were great J.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb