Go Cougars!


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had wanted to stay in Tofino but it was either booked out or expensive so we decided on Ucluelet instead. We caught a bus from Parksville, on the way seeing another couple of bears. If anyone has seen the movie scary movie 2 then the guy running the hostel looked exactly like the character in a wheelchair. He was freakish. Anyways we checked in and went out to check out the place. It is a small seaside town that has a rustic charm. I don't know why I remember this but we saw a bush with the largest leaves I have ever seen. So look out for that if you visit, exciting stuff. On our first night we heard a little of a local concert, before deciding that little bit was enough.

Our second day we did the coastal walk. The coast is rugged and often covered with a thick fog, hence plenty of shipwrecks have occurred over the years. It has a rather ghostly feel. Adding to the suspense was the thought that we might see a cougar. Someone at the hostel had said that the day before a cougar had jumped out of a tree onto someone. Sounded pretty suspect as they usually avoid human contact. Still I was kind of hoping to see one and then again not, was quite a contradiction. We settled for seeing a lighthouse and a family of deers.



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 29; qc: 121; dbt: 0.1071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb