Fruits of the Forest


Advertisement
Published: February 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In between our hectic schedule of what mainly consists of lazing around on Burlo, we have discovered the bounty of tasty delights that nature provides. It is blackberry and salal berry season in Bamfield, which means all the bushes are absolutely dripping with ripe, juicy fruit. Not only are these the biggest, sweetest berries you'll ever taste, but they are also totally free!

Surprisingly, few others seem to be as enthralled by this delightful discovery as us, and our only real competition seems to be the bears (not that it is much of a competition - the bears win hands down). But even the bears have their limits and, even on our property alone, there are literally more berries than all of us combined can ever possibly eat. We've had to come up with inventive ways to increase consumption - from gorging on homemade blackberry pies to wolfing down piping-hot salal berry muffins (for those of you who are wondering, salal berries are a lot like big blueberries). It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mmm, More BlueberriesMmm, More Blueberries
Mmm, More Blueberries

We discovered a bush of them out the back
Wild Blackberries EverywhereWild Blackberries Everywhere
Wild Blackberries Everywhere

Even the bears can't eat any more
The Apple GroveThe Apple Grove
The Apple Grove

As if the berries weren't enough...
Quin Devouring PieQuin Devouring Pie
Quin Devouring Pie

Quin doing his bit, as always


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb