A family day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Surrey
July 6th 2013
Published: August 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

July 6th



Brunch, BBQ and pool with the family





Saturday was Kyle´s dad´s birthday. We woke took a quick shower and took the car to drive to Surrey to meet Kyle´s mom, the kids, his grandpa, cousin and aunt and uncle. We drove through the main highway and along the suburbs of Vancouver and the views were so calm and beautiful, farms, big lands and mountains on the background. We got directions pretty easy and were the first one to get to the restaurant for brunch. Second his aunt and uncle arrived. They were a funny and enthusiastic couple, his uncle has a witty sense of humor and his aunt is this very sophisticated but at the same time simple woman. Then his cousin and fiancé and the Erin and the kids so we sat down to wait for his mom and grandpa who were coming from his grandpa retirement home. Soon they arrived and I could not believed my eyes. Kyle´s grandpa was an older version of him. Tall and slender, with a beard and a baseball hat. He did not talk much but he was very smiley and kind of a joker with the kids. We chatted and ate lunch o brunch (I ate some chicken tikka) and we said our goodbyes and were on our way back to Vancouver for Kyle´s dad birthday celebration. We got home and went for a bike ride to get my new waterproof tough camera and Kyle´s lens. When we got back Kyle stopped at the supermarket to get fresh berries for smoothies and I went to meet the rest of the family at the pool. Such a beautiful day of sunshine and blue skies perfect for an outdoor swim. We headed back inside for dinner and Kyle´s dad cooked some baked potatoes, hamburgers on the grill and we ate on the porch. Gifts were exchanged and happy birthday was sung and then it was time to say good-bye to the kids and Erin who were flying the next day around noon. The kids gave me a big warm and cozy hug which made me feel truly like an auntie. We gave the presents for the kids to Kyle’s sister and wish them a safe flight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.1kb