Day 4 - Victoria, BC - Sicamous, BC


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Salmon Arm
August 18th 2011
Published: August 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 4


We were up at 5am this morning to catch our 8am ferry. We had a 40 minute drive to the ferry terminal and we had to arrive 30 minutes early to assure we make the ferry. I sure will miss Vancouver Island. We all decided that it was much better up north and next time that is where we will stay. Victoria is beautiful, but quite the tourist trap. The ferry was on time and we made it to the Tswassen terminal in 90 minutes. Although this ferry was much cleaner and newer, the scenery was not as grand as our ride from Anacortes. The drive from Tswassen to Sicamous was VERY busy! There are numerous lakes and we came to find out that the legal drinking age here is 18. We couldn’t figure out why so many young kids were walking around drunk until I asked. Our destination tonight is the houseboat capital of Canada. The lakes here are huge and there are A LOT of houseboats. It seems each houseboat has about 15 young men on it. I have seen no young ladies with them…hmmm….Tomorrow we are headed for Banff National Park. We are leaving early to beat the rush on the highway, but taking our time. I checked the map and we are going through 3 National Parks tomorrow. Will post more tomorrow. I am off to bed….


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



25th July 2012

Great Trippin'
I just got through reading your entire blog to Pete (no more voice) and we were so entertained and thrilled for you all, really awesome pictures and stories! Pete said the ferry pics made him feel seasick, but wow they are huge.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb