Kelowna Trip


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna
November 21st 2016
Published: November 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Kelowna is the third largest city in BC. It is two hours away from Kamloops, also located in a semi-arid ecosystem. Kelowna is famous for its award wining wineries. During this trip, we visited the Mission Hill Winery and a Kangaroo Farm located near Vernon. The purpose of our trip was to see a neighbouring city in a similar geographical environment but with a different economic focus.

Through observations, I found Kelowna very tourism dependant city, and in the suburban regions, it is also agricultural and forestry based. The people here are similar to the people in Kamloops, demonstrating a lot of characteristics of a true Canadian. The cultural diversity in these two cities are similar, I find them to have great opportunities to develop into bigger cities in the future, as Vancouver becomes more unaffordable. However, one negative aspect I found with these cities is the number of homeless people. The potential cause of this is maybe due to the moderate weather during most of the seasons in the year. And also the amount of governmental support to them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement










Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb