One day to go!!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna
June 8th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well' one more day, and I'm off to Vancouver. Jay is flying down from Edmonton as well. Our flight to Germany is at 7 am Tuesday, and we arrive at 7 am Wednesday Morning. It's a 10 hour flight (choke!) and all of Europe is 9 hours ahead of British Columbia.

For those of you reading this, thanks for checkin up on us. We will try to blog as often as we can throughout the trip. We should get some pretty awesome pictures and video. I think you can actually subscribe on this page, and you will get emails every time we post a blog. Dont worry, we wont sell your email address to any unsavory characters!!

For those of you who dont know Jay, or myself for that matter, we have been friends for almost 30 years. We met in grade 5, and have stayed in touch through all of our crazy travels and life changes. We actually had a tradition of camping out on the back 40 of Jay's old homestead when we were younger. Good memories!! Having worked overseas, Jay is a seasoned traveler, and I cant think of a better travelling companion! (Except maybe my beautiful girlfriend Jaime - had to throw that in!!)

So heres the down low:
June 9th we fly from Vancouver to Frankfurt Germany. We have a Motorhome ready for us, and plan to travel through Europe for 21 days!! First stop is Prague in Czech Republic for 3 days, then down through Austria along the Alps into Switzerland. I have been researching my ancestry, and tracked my heritage to a small town in Switzerland called Sigriswil in the Canton (Provence) of Bern. After a few days of scouring graveyards & archives, we head north into the Black Forrest in Germany, then a quick jog through France to see a replica of the Statue of Liberty. From there it's up to the Rhine River for a tour of the beautiful scenery & old Castles. Next, we head over to Amsterdam in the Netherlands for 3 days, then down to a huge Rock Festival in Dessel, Belgium called Graspop Metal Meeting! http://www.graspop.be/ If we survive all that, we will travel back to Frankfurt and fly home on July 1st.


We hope to blog every few days, so enjoy! Wish you all were with us!!

Cheers!
Mike

Advertisement



9th June 2009

Happy Trails
I sure admire you guys for your quest. Have a great time and be safe. Come back happy, well and wiser.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb