Now all we need is more snow


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna » Big White
December 7th 2007
Published: December 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while since we last posted, possibly due to not having much to write about. We've both been working full-time hours since the resort opened.

Today was the second of our two consecutive days off and we spent it by taking a trip into Kelowna to buy Daniel's snowboard and bindings. After searching most of Kelowna (slight exaggeration, but only slight), we found the exact board he was after - Burton Custom Wide 167cm. Then we had lunch and walked over to the Super Store to spend our $25 gift voucher (which wasn't even enough to buy two blocks of cheese). On the topic of cheese, there is half a refrigeration isle in the super store devoted to this fake orange cheese that Canadians seem to love (not to mention the liquid stuff!), and it was hard to find normal cheese, but we managed to find some hiding at the end of the isle. We also stocked up on TimTams and some other boring stuff (coffee, noodles, etc).

Upon returning home (if I can call it that yet?) we unpacked our groceries, bought some bindings- the final piece of Daniel's board- and had some dinner. Really there isn;t much to write about...

It has snowed a little in the past week or so, but a little isn;t anywhere near enough. There needs to be more snow. Actually we went in the hot tub the other night whilst it was snowing and as the hot tub is outside on the balcony this made for an interesting experience. My hair ended up fozen as did the bubbly foam on the surface of the hot tub, but the water remained steamy hot.

Went ice skating down in Happy Valley last Friday night. I'm hoping it's open tomorrow night even though that would mean Daniel has to work. Oh and tomorrow night is the night where they turn on all the Christmas lights in the village. Should be cool. Actually cold - it's forcasted to be -20 tomorrow night.

I'm working tomorrow and Daniel will probably break his new snowboard in without me.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Village CentreVillage Centre
Village Centre

We live in the green building to the right
Clock TowerClock Tower
Clock Tower

I work in retail.. can probably see me through the windows


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb