christmas and new years and 2007!!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna » Big White
January 8th 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so havent been on here for awhile...starting to wish we bought our own laptop!!!!

anyways so since our last entry a lot has happened...since its 2007 now!!

up until christmas we pretty much worked a lot...the mountain has been getting pretty busy being the holidays and all so we've only been getting one day off a week....i feel like im working harder then i did when i was saving to come away!!! its keeping us pretty fit though i guess...and that $9 an hour makes a huge difference!!

we saved ourselves for christmas eve and planned to have a pretty big night...we started out at our place and had a couple of drinks here and then caught the shuttle to Sam's. it was pretty packed in there, considering theres only two pubs on a full mountain...but we had a good night!! lots of drinking and dancing and wearing santa hats and losing santa hats....we met up with our friends Dusty and Amber who we met in Vancouver and went with them to another house party....after figuring out i shouldnt have a couple of drinks and then try to work out why the internet isnt working on someone else's computer we somehow made it home through the snow about 4am! so we didnt really get much sleep that night....and ended up getting out of bed about 10am on Christmas Day!! did not feel like christmas at all.....

had a pancake breakky and opened the presents that mum sent across with everyone next to the christmas tree...i miss Allen's lollies so much so if anyone feels like sending some over...lollies over here dont compare...oh and neither does fast food...dont believe the movies!! went back to bed for a while...ordered pizza for lunch...mmm makes me feel better...tried to build a snowman before figuring out u cant make a snowman with champagne powder!!! then had leftover pizza for christmas dinner!!! a little different from back home i guess...haha. got to talk to everyone back home on christmas day which was really nice...but no matter how much i tried it just didnt feel like christmas...

after a couple of days recovering while cleaning rooms and making beds it was new years eve already!! actual new years eve was our only day off for the week so we slept in then went out for a board...best board ive had so far!! until....after going so good we decided to try the t-bar to get further up the mountain and i blame the t-bar buy for everything that happened next...me and tone were trying to catch it together, but while we were trying to get on the guy somehow knocked my goggles off my head so i couldnt see anything, then my leg got knocked off my board...so my legs wrapped around the t-bar while its stil going up the hill!!! i got dragged by my leg a couple of metres up...my housemates had a laugh coz they thought i was laughing but i was screaming and crying!!! i eventually unwrapped myself and crawled over to the side, had a cry and ski patrol came to see if i was ok..i pretty much was but i didnt forget to tell the guy that the t-bar guy doesnt know how to do his job!!! hope he gets into big trouble...

got ready to have a big new years eve...until about 4pm when tone said he felt sick and went to have a nap..and didnt get up until 2 days later!!!!! ive never seen him so sick it was so bad coz it was new years eve!! besides that it was a pretty good night...had a big party at our place...the second half of the night is a little fuzzy but it was good!!! didnt get much sleep for work the next day and had the hiccups while i was talking to my boss in the morning....think maybe she figured it out...have no idea how i got dressed and made it to the bus and to work but i do know i forgot my jumper and my bag and stuck a hat on my head so i didnt have to do my hair....but i did sleep on the lounge all day while everyone else cleaned!!! yeah public holiday pay!! one note...dont drink Mike's Hard Lemonade coz u think lemonade will make u feel better when u feel sick....noooo....worst day of working ever...

since then work has been crazy..finally got a chance to go out boarding again last night and what...first turn i twisted my knee for the second time and thought i heard something squish....got stuck there and waited for tone to come get me...thanks for taking ur time...haha...tried to board down the rest of the way but couldnt make it so called ski patrol (first aid) and they had a look and took me down the rest of the mountain in their toboggan!!!! they yehad my leg in a splint and me all wrapped up in a blanked and a tarp and strapped down!!! haha felt like it was a bit of a big deal but i couldnt say no when they'd already started!!! the ride down was the worst ride ever....so bumpy next time id rather walk....waited for the shuttle for about an hour in the snow while in so much pain...yeah i cried....sorry tone...finally made it home and now im limping around for the second time this week!!! yay for snowboarding!!!!

so that was christmas and new years...wish i couldve included all the details and stories but i guess they'll have to be told in person....will add photos lata!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb