Contiki Day 3 - Whistler to Kamloops


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kamloops
June 29th 2008
Published: January 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we went up the Gondola. There was a choice of Whistler of Blackcomb. I went up whistler. Blackcomb was still snowing (yes in summer) so those up there had to dress warm. Whistler still had snow everywhere but you could wear shorts and a t-shirt easy enough.

On the way up you could see bears on the mountain. Well some were so lucky. All I could see was the mountain bike riders everywhere. That looks pretty cool. Whistler mountain takes about 30 minutes to get to the top. Up the top the view was amazing. It was so pretty. Probably half of us did not realise we had tickets that actually took another chair right to the very top. So Cat and I didn't make it up there, others did though. We has a little walk around the food and gift shop, took our photos and then headed back down.

Canada was actually in a bit of a heat wave when we were there. Today it was 30 degrees in Whistler, and 40 in Kamloops. Apparently those kind of temperatures are generally unheard of.

We left Whistler at around 12:30 and headed towards Kamloops. We stopped at some Aqua lake along the way for photos, and at another small town for lunch. We arrived in Kamloops around 6:20 pm. Dinner was included at a local place. I had hamburger and chips. It was very average.

No one went out tonight. Everyone was tired and there was not much going on in Kamloops either.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb