Ohhh Canadaa....Eh!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kamloops
April 19th 2009
Published: April 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Niagara Falls - Absolutely breath taking. The size of them is amazing, the amount of water that flows over the edge is just brilliant as well. If ever in the region of Canada, go and see them as they are spectacular. However if asked if you want to go behind the falls- say no! as yuo queue (line up i shuold say) for agesss to seee something that isnt that great!

Georgetown was great - really nice to spend a load of timewith my family. Tiny town but great fun. Went to Toronto Zoo which was good as well, huge spaced out park with healthish looking animals. Good as it was a bit colder alot of animals were running about to keep warm. My auntie took me to a mennonite town of St Jacobs which was very interesting. As it was easter sunday they were all away then as we were driving about these armish type people kept coming out of sidestreets and roads - it was quite a sight they dont use any electricity or modern technology really so everything they do is the same way it was done 200/300/400 years ago. They use horseand cart to travel around it was quite a sight!

After Easter Weekendin Georgetown - headed back to Toronto for last couple of days there to just see few things hadn't seen yet, The Islands and Hockey Hall of fame being the main two. Islands were cool - was empty as out of season but still had a goodl augh there. Get fantastic views of Toronto skyline from there which was totally worth the visit! The hockey hall of fame is pretty awesomeaswell. Just loads of memorabilia from ice hockey history. Really interesting. Also had a commentary box where you can record your own commentary for historic plays - I gave it a go....but considering I know nothing about Ice Hockey it was kinda silent then i burst out with GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! THEY HAVE WON!. They also had a simulation of one on ones with goalkeepers,my first experience hitting a puck...i didnt score one =( keeper saved them all! Walked around Toronto some more to see district I hadn't quite seen, didnt bother with Casa Loma as it was $19 to get in and was just a small castle.

Overall impressions of Toronto - A great city, big enough there is loads to do, but not to big that everything is far appart. The people their are all extremely freindly and I met load of locals who were really cool - my facebook freinds number must of have gone up by about 5!

Currently in Kamloops with Thomas at his cousins (who all say eh at the end of every other sentence -love it! haha) house. Kamloops is a great little town ina valley really scenic and nice and warm! Got taken out last night by his cousin to see a Canadian band called Sweatshop Union in a trinity style bar. They are very big in Canada and it was brilliant. Small little bar with about 100-150 people. Great vibe and atmosphere and good performance to. The band hung about afterwards and chatting to us which was awesome. Outside loads of freestlying and beatboxing got going which was awesome as well! One of them (probably the best of the group) is coming to england in August to perform with Foreign Beggars - not sure who they are but will be checking them out!

Off to Banff today and going to visit my Cousin in Okotoks which is just south of Calgary. We are driving around - Thomas' cousins are kindly lending us their car - to Banff and Jasper and Canmore till friday. When we're heading back to Kamloops. ITs all the National park and the rockies area so it should be wicked!

Exciting times!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb