Lazy days and laundry


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Golden
August 11th 2016
Published: July 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.2947, -116.963

While most of the group hit the whitewater rafting excursion today, we decided to kick back and take care of some jobs, as well as ourselves. Sometimes, when we are travelling, in our eagerness to see everything, we forget that holidays are also about relaxing. So we took today to have a long lie in, enjoy double token showers (here the showers are timed to six minutes so 12 was a luxury!) and then wander into town with 2 of the others, Ayla and Alex who had also decided to enjoy a rest day.

We had Doris and breakfast in a cute independent cafe in the town and then took care of our main job for the day - laundry. Chatting to the locals, and meeting the perkiest laundry assistant I have ever seen (although my only other points of reference are Pauline Fowler and Dot Cotton, so there's not much of a comparison to be had), we managed to get everything sorted with time for a smoothie from the bar down the road - my first in two weeks and it was blissful! We then walked back to camp along the river, a pretty little walk, though nothing on the scale of what we have seen over the past few weeks, and then relaxed at the campsite, reading in the sunshine.

Once the rafters had arrived back, four of us headed back into town along the river to book us a restaurant for our final dinner together (Bernie, the German traveller was leaving in the morning) and then decided to sit and enjoy a game of cards in the sunshine with a couple of drinks. Sufficiently well-fuelled, we walked back to camp, grabbed the rest of the group and walked back into town for a lovely dinner before walking back along the river to camp. For a lazy day, we sure did a lot of waking along that river! It was a relatively late night for us, and already dark by the time we reached camp, but the promised meteor shower didn't show itself - this was the first campsite we had been in that had artificial lights on all night, and so we were unable to enjoy the show. However, having we wouldn't have swapped the evening on the lake for a thousand meteor showers and so we went to sleep, not really disappointed at all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb