North into British Columbia


Advertisement
Published: May 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Okanagan LakeOkanagan LakeOkanagan Lake

British Columbia
We were on the way by 8:30, not bad considering Kerry took the new tire to be mounted this morning and then we had to put the spare back on the rear of the camper and figure out how to stow the jack. Bob fixed his electrical problem this morning, too. The rain stopped last night just before bedtime, and although it is still cloudy, we have hopes of seeing the sun today.

From Penticton we continued north on Hwy 97 through one small town after another, through traffic and what seemed like continuous city. All the way the Okanagan Lake was beside the road. It’s a huge lake, many miles long, and is home to Ogopogo. As local legend has it (so I’ve been told) Ogopogo is one and the same as Nessie from Loch Ness in Scotland. The two lakes are connected by a tunnel and Ogopogo (or Nessie) travels back and forth between them.

At Kamloops we got on Hwy 5, aka Yellowhead South Highway, which runs along the North Thompson River. We’ve had rain off and on today, not any really heavy rain, just showers. Sometimes the sun kept shining even though it was raining.
Okanagan LakeOkanagan LakeOkanagan Lake

beautiful blue water
All in all another beautiful day in British Columbia. We’ve stopped for the night at Blue River and can see snowy mountains to the northeast and to the west.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

N. Thompson RiverN. Thompson River
N. Thompson River

along Yellowhead S. Hwy
N. Thompson RiverN. Thompson River
N. Thompson River

along Yellowhead S. Hwy
B. C.B. C.
B. C.

Along Yellowhead S. Hwy
Blue RiverBlue River
Blue River

view from campground


29th May 2010

WOW, such beautiful country! Keep you eyes out for Ogopogo!

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 16; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb