Travel day and gear repair


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Abbotsford
September 1st 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Take down in the morning was pretty easy. Greg taught me all about taking the tent down and we packed up the car pretty quickly. The tent was still wet so this was a good learning experience. We drove out through mt. st. Helens and then up I-5. The night before Greg noticed that the lantern and stove were both leaking gas at the gaskets. We stopped off at the huge Cabella’s store north of Olympia, WA to pick up some repair parts. However, the store didn’t have anything but they did have a huge pond with fish and a huge taxidermy display. There was also an underground aquarium to view the fish more closely. We missed out the fish feeding though. Greg continued to try to find the stove parts… we stopped off at sportsman warehouse where they had the parts but were out of stock. Greg then went to home depot and got an adjustable wrench and was able to fix the stove but not the lantern. We headed back to sportsmans warehouse and purchased a new lantern for the trip. We then headed north to the Canadian border through Seattle… traffic was minimal the entire time - Yay!
Crossing the border only took about 20 minutes. A stern young man asked a couple of questions but didn’t seem to worried about it. The car in front of us created a bit of a stir (mich plates) and had to pull off to the side for a full search - oops! We stayed at a Super 8 in Abbotsford, BC. Oh my gosh - it was much nicer then hyatt’s & Marriotts I’ve stayed in! The pool had a 2 story water slide! We were to tired to try it out tonight - maybe tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb