Contiki Day 5 - Jasper


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Jasper
July 1st 2008
Published: January 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we got up and headed to the bus at 10:15 for our optional excursion to Maligne Lake/Spirit Island. On the way out we stopped at Maligne Canyon for a short hike and photos and then on to Maligne lake where we had lunch before the cruise.

Our guide said that even the toughest bikey guys he has had on tour said he loved the cruise and thought Spirit Island was really pretty. The sky was a bit bla and weather overcast but it was still a clear day and didn't rain. The boat took us out and around spirit island and then docked where you would walk around and get some nice photos.

When we got back it was time for an afternoon nap and then to dinner for Pizza.

There was supposed to be Fireworks and a bit of a celebration in the park. We went for a walk around town and found it but weather was poor and raining so not much going on so we went back and watched tv in bed. No one really did anything because of the big day tomorrow that everyone was looking forward to. Jarrod ended up coming to get us and we went into his and Jim's room to watch the fireworks. They went on an on an on. You kept thinking it was over. There would be a long pause and then BANG!!! off they go again. After that it was back to bed for our big day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb