Cross-Country Skiing


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Jasper
December 23rd 2005
Published: February 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We headed off down Maligne Lake Road to cross-country ski at Moose Lake. Cross-country skiing is heaps of fun! You slide your feet along in tracks to move across flats and up hills and then you hold on for dear life when skiing down the other side! When going up steep hills, you have to walk with your skis pointing out and try to avoid slipping backwards. We fell over many times and there were many funny incidents where one of us careened off and landed in a heap! When we came to our first big hill, Quin went first. He sped off and around the corner when all of a sudden he took a spill. It appeared as if he had collected a tree! All we could see was a heap and there were loud groans emitting from it. In no time at all we had done the whole trail and found ourselves back at the car. There was a huge snowbank in front of the car. After taking my skis off, I decided it was time for some serious snow play! I stood at the top of the snow bank and flung myself in. Pippi and Quin joined me and we were all jumping in, landing on our backs. I decided to up the ante, and did a flip, which Quin also attempted. After dusting ourselves off, we got in the car and headed of to Beaver Lake. Again we donned our skis and headed along the trail. In the lake there were piles of logs that beavers had put there. We headed along the trail until it was dusk. Having seen big wolf tracks, and being nearly dark we thought it was time to turn around. There was a long hill all the way to the end. We whizzed along it, whooping all the way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb