Round 1 - West Jet


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
July 26th 2010
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tomorrow, July 27th at 7:00 am, we will be departing the Acreage in the truck heading for Edmonton International Airport, where Shauna's dad, will chuck both of us and our luggage out, with a "hope it all works out" smile on his face as we head for the departure area at the airport.

At 10:00 am, Shauna and I will be boarding flights bound for San Francisco and Vancouver on West Jet Airlines.

Shauna will be arriving at 10:45 am, meeting up with Kate and heading for the Vancouver Consulate to pick up her Passport with Official Teaching Visa. She will then spend one night in Vancouver and be flying out to Seoul on Wednesday. Landing her in Seoul sometime on Thursday!

I, will be arriving at Noon, grabbing the shuttle service to the nearest hotel, dropping off luggage and proceeding to the nearest United States Postal Services office, to grab a $45.00 Money Order, then jump onto BART, the bay-area LRT transit system heading for downtown, so I can drop off my documents at the Consulate, Have my "interview" and then get my passport stamped! Once I have this completed, I can then find the nearest WI-FI cafe, get a cup of java and find the next flight out to Seoul.

UNTIL TUESDAY MORNING...
WE are hanging out at our local favorite coffee shop for the final round of things to do, email and research before our flights in the morning.

Shauna is looking up flights for Wednesday from Vancouver to Seoul, Searching her route through Vancouver to the Korean Consulate to obtain her passport and sending out mass emails.

Aaron is thinking about the Giants v Marlins game tomorrow night that he'd like to attend but is having problems finding a hotel room, thinking about the flight to Seoul, planning the trip to the post office, learning how to speak better Korean in a day, emailing a massive group of people, thinking about packing his 2nd bag and what it's contents will be? AND... breathing...

The fun in all this is, we still haven't left Canada...

But after Round 1 - tomorrow, we will be on our way... 24 - days later than planned but at least we are on the way out of North America.










Advertisement



27th July 2010

take care
Take care and have fun . Will be great to follow you on your travels. Auntie Edna

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb