Down day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
June 30th 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was a down day to catch up. We went to town and did our laundry and washed the truck. Of course within a few hours we had a thunderstorm and it got rained on. We were wondering why we got so hot when it was only 75 degrees and it finally dawned on us that it was the humidity. We sure aren't used to it! Here's proof that this is a cold place n winter. Look at the plug-ins for the staff for engine block heaters in the winter at the local elementary school! We also saw the plug-ins in all the motel parking lots.
Tomorrow is Canada Day so it's a four day weekend for a lot of people up here. The campground is filling up fast! we had to look up Canada day online. It's the celebration of the official beginning of the country of Canada in 1867, as opposed being British-owned. Fireworkd have to planned for LATE in the evening!
We can hardly wait for Nancy's sister Janet to arrive and continue on our adventure to Alaska. On the map, the towns sure thin out after Edmonton!

Advertisement



3rd July 2010

edmonton
My memories of Edmonton involve a Hudson Bay Company store and a huge mall we drove around trying to park with a tralier. I don' t remember actually going inside anything so I am guessing we did not find a place to park. When we went on the AlCan Highway it was still dirt.

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb